Monday, May 5, 2008

Shared Joy

Kimberly and I shared the joy of painting a few weeks ago, and though we ran out of time to put the finishing touches on our paintings, I thought I would share our paintings here. For an eleven year old, I would say that Kimberly has such a natural talent, as evidenced by this first painting. We read the instructions out of the book and then applied them to the canvas. The results are quite amateurish, but we enjoyed the activity and the time together, and really, that's what counts, right?

This picture shows both paintings side by side:


Here is Kimberly's painting - I just love her clouds!


Of course, I wasn't happy with my own clouds. I thought that Kimberly did a much better job, over all, but I am still pleased with the painting


We still need to go back and put the finishing touches on the paintings - shadows and highlights on the trail, and more bushes and plants at the waters edge, and of course we still have to initial them, but who knows when that will be so I figured I'd post these now.

No comments: